Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Window Shopping

So my plan for Sunday morning was to get up early and treat myself to a fresh donut for breakfast. How disappointed was I to learn that Cinotti's is closed on Sunday. I guess it makes sense. They're not just a donut shop but more of a traditional bakery with commercial clients as well. They deserve a day off too! So I just had my regular ol' Sunday morning breakfast-in-bed of coffee (yes, with the espresso added!) and orange juice, a bagel with whipped cream cheese, and a sliced nectarine. I make an effort on weekend mornings to use extra pretty plates and set a "beautiful tray" (I have a wicker and steel tray I love) that I bring back to bed with me. Mmmmm...coffee and anything baked, my favorite breakfast!

So Monday morning rolls around and I'm still thinking about the donut for breakfast but the craving isn't quite as strong. Not strong enough to motivate me to go get one. Maybe it's just because it's not the weekend anymore and somehow I don't think I'll enjoy it enough? Today I do my uneventful bran flakes with berries, soy milk and coffee. TMI?

I was really excited when I thought about Cinotti's on Saturday because I had forgotten about them. When I first moved here they were legend. That was when they were still in the old corner location on 1st Avenue S. Now they've moved to Penman Road. Well, since apparently donuts are only a weekend treat to me, I plan on going "window shopping" to just look at all the pastries and find out about what the famous beaches bakery has been up to. I'll let you know.

Are there any Cinotti's regulars out there that want to share about a favorite cake or specialty? I heard something about their vanilla cakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment